The objective of Leadership New River Valley is to assist in the development of community leaders by providing participants from diverse backgrounds with an understanding of the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and issues facing the community. The program will also foster the development of leadership skills and techniques in an environment that encourages the establishment of new relationships and communication networks between the participants.
LNRV is a 11 month program. One day each month beginning in February, the class will meet to explore, in depth, an aspect of our community. Topics range from history and culture to public safety and everything in between. There is not a single aspect of life in Montgomery County that is not covered in this course. Participants will apply class learning to a project directed toward building capacity for a local non-profit. Participation is mandatory with no more than two absences permitted. Attendance is strictly enforced. Participants who do not meet the attendance requirements will be automatically dropped from the program with no portion of the tuition refunded.
Benefits to You
- Enhance your leadership skills
- Increase your value to your organization and community
- LNRV informs members and citizens about community issues that affect Blacksburg, Christiansburg and Montgomery County
- LNRV provides forums for dialogue between participants and community leaders
- LNRV establishes a networking system among emerging community leaders
- LNRV enhances your opportunities to participate and engage in various leadership roles in the community
Benefits to your Business or Organization
We do have sponsorship opportunities for Leadership NRV, a nationally recognized model. Businesses and organizations that sponsor a day have the opportunity to speak to a wide range of participants. Businesses and organizations that send an employee through have the benefit of providing professional development for their employee, connecting with the community and giving back.