President, Junior Achievement of Southwest Virginia
PURPOSE OF POSITION:Directs a major Junior Achievement operating area as president within policies established by the local Board of Directors. Responsible for all planning, finance, fund raising, program, public relations, staff development, and administrative operations.
- Serves as a passionate advocate for the JA mission to ensure appropriate resources and support are secured from the community.
- Leader who executes relentlessly to align the vision of the organization to achieve organizational goals.
- Assures the financial stability of the Junior Achievement operation to support operational and strategic plans and sustainability of the organization including the development and implementation of effective fund-raising campaigns and other innovative approaches to raising funds, accurate and timely financial reporting, analysis of financial information; development of a budget and management of financial resources to meet all organizational objectives.
- Assures that Junior Achievement operates in compliance with all requirements of the Junior Achievement Operating Agreement and additional requirements established by the Board of Directors.
- Develops and implements strategic plans that assure the stability and growth of JA in the Area within the context of the internal and external market forces and regulations.
- Works with the Board of Directors to develop policy and assure proper governance of the organization.
- Manages implementation of all programs and ensures programs are executed within acceptable standards to assure growth in student impact.
- Works with the Chairman of the Board of Directors to recruit, orient, and encourage engagement of Board members; manage effective regular meetings with the Board including the development of the agenda and any reports and materials.
- Accurately projects staffing requirements; recruits, hires and trains associates; manages staff performance to assure achievement of all goals and objectives.
- Prepares, gains Board approval, and implements a public awareness plan and acts as a representative with governmental, political, community, civic and industry groups.
- Other duties as requested by the Board of Directors.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent business experience
- Four years’ experience in related field with successful track record
- Excellent management, communication, organization, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated understanding of the free enterprise system and passion for the JA mission
- Willingness to undergo criminal and credit background check
- Management experience in education or nonprofit organization
- Demonstrated expertise in sales/marketing or fund raising
- Experience working with a Board of Directors
- CFRE certification
Resumes will be reviewed until the position is filled or no later than 5:00 p.m. MDT on Tuesday, August 30th.
Please include a cover letter.
Please send to:
Jackie Dant, Senior Vice President Operations
Junior Achievement USA®
Note “Roanoke” in the subject line
Mark Your Calendar