FoxGuard Solutions is looking to add a full-time Software Engineer to join its team of passionate and creative thinkers. Here at FoxGuard, we focus on building computing and software solutions that are Built for Security. We need people, like you, who are passionate believers in the discovery and continuous improvement of a “right way” to do software development! You will grapple with problems vital to protecting critical infrastructure, hone your software development skillset, and participate in an Agile process. You will create great software and influence the process by which it is created. A passion and craftsman’s dedication to all aspects of software development is a must! If this sounds like a great fit for you, continue on.
What you will be doing...
- Utilize test-driven development and design to implement unit tests for assigned feature areas/components
- Make regular contributions to ongoing test automation efforts
- Provide constructive feedback to peers and initiate collaboration as the need arises
- Assist product owners with creating Statements of Work and developing user stories/requirements
- Win team support for processes and initiatives by anticipating feedback and managing reactions and criticisms
- Demonstrate a process of self-improvement and contribute towards team improvement
- Recognize classes of problems and derive solutions for them generally
- Use indirect costs and benefits to drive actions, ideas, and programs
- Work autonomously with minimal supervision or active mentorship
- Contribute to the formation of engineering standards and best practices
What you will bring to the table...
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Information Systems, etc. or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with Object Oriented development (C#, Java, C++, etc.)
- Strong communication skills and a desire to work in a close-knit team environment
- DevOps or systems administration experience
- Continuous integration/deployment experience
- SOLID, Clean Code, and TDD experience
What we can offer you...
FoxGuard Solutions offers a competitive salary with a great benefits package, which includes dental, medical and vision insurance, as well as 401k, wellness programs, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, educational assistance and paid-time-off – and don’t forget Ice Cream Fridays! That’s right ice-cream every Friday!