Senior Software Engineer
Are you a motivated, passionate, experienced software engineer looking for that next opportunity? If you enjoy a fun and flexible work atmosphere, this job is for you! FoxGuard Solutions is looking to add an accomplished Senior Software Engineer to join its already made team of diverse, innovative thinkers. Here at FoxGuard, we value those who are passionate believers in the discovery and continuous improvement of a “right way” to do software development. We are looking for a strong team member dedicated to delivering valuable technical solutions in time-sensitive situations. The right candidate will be excited to tackle problems vital to protecting critical infrastructure while enhancing his or her software development expertise, all while in an Agile environment. If you’re ready for that next career step, apply now!
What you will be doing...
- Utilize test-driven development and design to implement unit tests for assigned feature areas/components
- Make regular contributions to ongoing test automation efforts
- Provide constructive feedback to peers and initiate collaboration as the need arises
- Assist product owners with creating Statements of Work and developing user stories/requirements
- Win team support for processes and initiatives by anticipating feedback and managing reactions and criticisms
- Demonstrate a process of self-improvement and contribute towards team improvement
- Recognize classes of problems and derive solutions for them generally
- Use indirect costs and benefits to drive actions, ideas, and programs
- Work autonomously with minimal supervision or active mentorship
- Contribute to the formation of engineering standards and best practices
- B.S. Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Information Systems, etc. or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 3 years working in an Agile development environment
- Experience with Object Oriented development (C#, Java, C++, etc.)
- Strong communication skills and a desire to work in a close-knit team environment
- DevOps or systems administration experience
- Continuous integration/deployment experience
- SOLID, Clean Code, and TDD experience
FoxGuard Solutions offers a competitive salary with a great benefits package, which includes dental, medical and vision insurance, as well as 401k, wellness programs, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, educational assistance and paid-time-off – and don’t forget Ice Cream Fridays! That’s right ice-cream every Friday!