FoxGuard Solutions is looking for a detail-oriented, self-motivated individual to join our team as a full-time Field Engineer. In this role, one would work closely with clients on-site to provide sustained engineering and field service efforts required to continue delivering the industry-leading solutions and services we offer our customers. While in this position, FoxGuardians enjoy the flexibility of living anywhere in the United States with reasonable access to an airport. This position requires frequent travel to site locations with stays ranging from 3 days to 6 weeks. A love for computers and an understanding of the importance of efficient, quality work is a must. If you love to travel and are looking for the next step in your engineering career, apply today!
What you will be doing…
- Travel as much as 80% both internationally and domestically, to implement solutions and provide support and training.
- Work with customer base and product management to develop custom solution offerings as needed to support new customer requirements and market needs
- Work with customers and vendors to define test and validation plans and procedures for approving patches, updates, and upgrades.
- Engineer security hardware (including workstation, server, and network equipment), and software products, defining solution configuration parameters to industry best practices while maintaining compliance to all customer requirements
- Continually improve product line of company, suggesting new product development ideas to engineering and product management as applicable
- Work with software and hardware vendors to provide solutions for specific problems with current products and components uncovered by both the customer base and other members of the engineering team
- Act as an escalation point for post-sales technical support issues
- Train customers on field-installed product as needed via either phone, remote support methods or onsite
- Support on-going maintenance and administration efforts of FoxGuard Solutions’ internal IT infrastructure
- Perform inspections and sign-off on checklists, sign-off sheets, and other similar forms as part the organization’s quality assurance processes
- Create and maintain product, process, and quality documentation related to FoxGuard Solutions business unit
- Maintain a technical understanding of current product set, including customer specific products
- Maintain basic working knowledge of cyber-security tools and their capabilities
- Continuously improve processes, tools, facilities to be best in class IT security company notifying management of deficiencies when encountered
- Participate in the continuous improvement process
- Technical Support Specialist duties as necessary
- Software development and/or scripting duties as necessary
- FoxGuard monthly product validation duties as necessary
What you will bring to the table…
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university and a minimum of one year of related experience; or high school diploma or GED and a minimum of four years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Requires strong working knowledge of information technology hardware software, networking and other infrastructure productions and technologies
The ideal candidate will have:
- CompTIA Security+ certification
- CompTIA A+ certification
- Microsoft MCTS on mainstream client operating systems
- Microsoft MCTS on mainstream server operating systems
- CCNA certification
- Microsoft MCITP on mainstream server operating system certification preferred
- Higher level software development and/or scripting knowledge
What we can offer you…
FoxGuard Solutions offers a competitive salary with a great benefits package, which includes dental, medical and vision insurance, as well as 401k, wellness programs, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, educational assistance and paid-time-off- And don't forget Ice Cream Fridays! That's right, ice-cream every Friday!